Launch of the debut books for Ottawa authors Kate Heartfield and Matt Moore. Moore’s short story collection, It’s Not The End And Other Lies, mixes science fiction and horror to explore the line between humane and monstrous, the breaking point of the human spirit, and the challenges the near-future may bring. Heartfield’s Armed in Her Fashion is a dark historical fantasy about a wet-nurse in 14th-century Flanders who leads a raid into a Hellmouth to get her money back from her dead husband. Readings and Q&A, plus new titles from ChiZine Publications.
- Gig Pick: Bonnie Doon at Bon-Fire—08.17.18
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?
- Gig Pick: Mauno at Bon-Fire—08.18.18
- Apt613 and OMIC are moving into a mobile studio for pop-up series on Ottawa’s new music strategy
- Apt613’s guide to summer patios