On the 20th, 21st and 22nd of July 2018, stone carvers from Canada, the U.S. and Europe will congregate at the famous Sparks Street outdoor Mall in Ottawa Ontario to display their skills and creativity. Using hand tools only, participants will have 18 hours over three days to complete their pieces. The public is invited to enjoy the sights and sounds of this traditional work site and to engage with the carvers. Following the carving on the afternoon of Sunday July 22nd at 2:00pm, all pieces will be auctioned to the public, with proceeds being donated to Ottawa Innercity Ministries.
- Ottawa Election 2018: Where do candidates stand on local arts and culture?
- Exhibition: Karim Rashid’s Cultural Shaping at the OAG—until 02.10.19
- North of 7 Distillery: It’s all about the taste
- Exhibition: Alidade by Rachel Gray at General Assembly
- Exhibition: Alootook Ipellie’s Walking Both Sides of an Invisible Border at Carleton University Art Gallery—until 12.09.18