Horseshoes & Hand Grenades Theatre presents the Canadian premiere of Building the Wall by Tony Award winner Robert Schenkkan. A powerful, politically charged drama that couldn’t be more timely. It’s the very near future, and the Trump administration has carried out its campaign promise to round up and detain millions of immigrants. Now, a history professor interviews the supervisor of a private prison awaiting sentencing for carrying out the federal policy that has escalated into the unimaginable. “Building the Wall should be seen and shuddered over.” LA Times / “It simmers with of-the-moment urgency, and logically illustrates, step by step, how fascism can gradually take root.” Hollywood Reporter / Only 7 performances!
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?
- Meet Guy Hobeika, Ottawa’s most influential Snapchat artist
- Podcast: Ottawa 67’s head coach André Tourigny
- Wild in the City: Museum of Nature moonlights as an urban party
- Theatre Review: I was invited on stage for Blind Date at GCTC