Horseshoes & Hand Grenades Theatre presents the Canadian premiere of Building the Wall by Tony Award winner Robert Schenkkan. A powerful, politically charged drama that couldn’t be more timely. It’s the very near future, and the Trump administration has carried out its campaign promise to round up and detain millions of immigrants. Now, a history professor interviews the supervisor of a private prison awaiting sentencing for carrying out the federal policy that has escalated into the unimaginable. “Building the Wall should be seen and shuddered over.” LA Times / “It simmers with of-the-moment urgency, and logically illustrates, step by step, how fascism can gradually take root.” Hollywood Reporter / Only 7 performances!
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire ?
- Video: “In The Drought” by Slack Bridges
- Chamberfest: Angela Hewitt, Z.E.N. Trio, Roby Lakatos are highlights of the 2018 lineup
- Crackup Comedy Night in Canada headliner Derek Edwards chats about comedy and his journey to stand-up
- Tour de Blogosphere: Scene Partners is an Ottawa-made podcast about comedy and life