During the month of February, the Bright Nights Film Festival brings eight films — never before seen in Ottawa — from the Baltic and Nordic countries across the Atlantic: Lithuania, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Iceland, and Norway. The far reaches of the festival world — from Berlin and Cannes to Toronto and Montreal — have been gleaned for eclectic, dark, edgy, hilarious, and intriguing perspectives in contemporary Baltic and Nordic film. It may be your only chance to see these incredible stories.
- Foodie Friday: Tasting coffee for a living – an interview with Bridgehead’s Head Roaster
- Gig Photos: Twin Peaks at Babylon
- Canada Scene: Propeller Dance premiere new work at the GCTC this weekend
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi faire?
- Juxtaposing Time, Art & Culture: Our Masterpieces, Our Stories at the National Gallery of Canada