During the month of February, the Bright Nights Film Festival brings eight films — never before seen in Ottawa — from the Baltic and Nordic countries across the Atlantic: Lithuania, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Estonia, Latvia, Iceland, and Norway. The far reaches of the festival world — from Berlin and Cannes to Toronto and Montreal — have been gleaned for eclectic, dark, edgy, hilarious, and intriguing perspectives in contemporary Baltic and Nordic film. It may be your only chance to see these incredible stories.
- Gig photos: Doldrums Festival at Club SAW
- Contest: Steam Whistle are giving away two tickets to the JUNO Awards plus more prizes
- Gig photos: Against Me! at Bronson Centre Theatre
- Foodie Friday: Nu Grocery prepares to transform the way Ottawa buys groceries
- Jazzfest lineup: Feist, Jacob Collier, Robert Glasper Experiment, Mark Guiliana Jazz Quartet, Donny McCaslin, and The Bad Plus included in the 25+ artists announced this week