Erika Farkas is a self-taught visual artist born in Transylvania, Romania, and living in Ottawa, Canada since the late 1980s. Although Erika never had any formal art training, artistic creativity has always been a big part of her life. She started exhibiting her figurative pencil drawings in 2013 and has won several awards with them in juried local and international art exhibitions in Ottawa and online. Later, she took interest in mixed media and acrylic painting, because it appealed to her love of colour and gave her unlimited means to express her creativity.
- Gig Pick: Michael Feuerstack album release at St. Alban’s Church—10.20.18
- Weekend Roundup: Quoi Faire ?
- Gig Pick: Bad Western at Bar Robo—10.20.2018
- Ottawa Election 2018: Where do candidates stand on local arts and culture?
- Exhibition: Karim Rashid’s Cultural Shaping at the OAG—until 02.10.19